Komodo Edit is a text editor that supports writing programming code as well as plain text. The application has a modern graphical user interface that comes with a dark background and lighter text. Moreover, it’s extremely customizable and there’s even the possibility of getting back to the old style if the new one doesn’t please you. It has the great advantage of letting you open various documents in parallel mode to compare their contents. Of course, this is not the kind of application anybody can use, as programmers and web designers are the ones who can take the most advantage of it.
All in all, Komodo Edit supports a great deal of features at no cost. If you feel the need for more, it’s probably because what this tool allows doing is just a fraction of what you can do with Komodo IDE, a much more complete integrated development environment by the same company. Yet, Komodo Edit does permit installing add-ons to extend its functionalities.
- It supports multiple programming languages.
- It has integrated upload capabilities.
- It’s extremely customizable.
- It has a modern interface.
- It comes with various templates.
- It supports code completion and syntax checking
- When creating web pages, there’s no WYSIWYG editor